Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Great Day!!!

So how's the day treating you so far?  I've had an extremely wonderful day today.   Yes, the weather is not too bad...sunny and warm, but cooler than yesterday.   But that's not the reason.   And, I've managed to pay my bills this month!   But that's not the reason.

The reason is because I talked with two great friends.   One whom I talk to weekly as we discuss a book we are reading.   And one whom I haven't heard from in decades...and she was my bridesmaid!  As I said, a wonderful day and one which I will cherish.

So, I hope you have wonderful days like this too.

On the home front, here are a few more pictures.  This is the top of my lawyers shelves.   A nod to my Scandinavian heritage...

And right below is a Studio 56 Easter Village - only three pieces - that I totally forgot I had...surprise!!!

Yes, part of the back of this shelf has broken off.

On my buffet, another piece which belonged to my grandma, I have two statues that my husband and I bought 46 years ago in Mobile, Alabama...

Finally, we love stuffies...and these sing.   What do they sing?   'Singing in the Rain', of course...
 
I worked on last week's journal page again.   This time using color pencils.   It is better (and I think the photo is better also).   But I still need to work on my picture taking...

Last night I went through the first Strathmore Online Workshop Series for this year.   This one was mixed media abstract painting.    By the way, there are three workshops, each with up to four videos, and they are free so you may want to check them out.

I didn't feel like taking out my acrylics but I tried some abstract work with color pencils.   Here are two of my quick sketches.   Still not too abstract, but a lot different from my stylized folk work...


Thanks for spending some time here...

Enjoy yourself...