Monday, December 8, 2014

FRIDAY'S ADVENTURE! WHEW!

Why the 'whew!'?   Well, I walked just around 10 miles that day!   It was cold, misty and windy for most of the day.   I did have fun...well, until it was time to look at apartments.

First let me tell you about the rest of the day.   I headed to MOMA to see if I could get into the Matisse exhibit.   The lines were so long that I knew I would not have time to walk through the exhibit and then to get back to 102nd street on the west side to see the first apartment.

I did go to the museum store.   Wrong move.   I bought some holiday presents.   The only reason I didn't purchase several books was because I knew I would be carrying them all day long.   What a wonderful place.

So next I went to visit Patience and Fortitude, the two lions guarding the front of the main NYC library.   I did take a couple pictures of the tree in the main room...


(My phone is really getting bad...can't wait until the new one gets here!)  Next I walked to Rock Center and saw the tree with lights...(again, picture not too great)...

From there I saw five apartments on the east side.  None of them were the one place I wanted to see on the west side.  And four of them weren't anything I would live in.

The last one was a great studio apartment but it was on a main thoroughfare and I really wanted to live on a residential street that had main thoroughfares on either side.  Am I being too particular?   No, I decided I want to live in a place that I want to live in and not settle...does that make sense?

And I didn't even get to see the one apartment I wanted to...things didn't quite add up for me at this point.  So this week I am looking on my own for apartments instead of relying solely on my agent.   Several of my friends said that they wound up using several agents to find a place.   (You only pay the agent who shows the apartment that you choose.)   Have no fear, I will get an apartment, eventually.   Wish me luck...

This weekend I took down my fall decorations and put up my holiday ones...





Chip and Dale have been very lazy...
And since it's been too cold for them to go outside I can understand why they are so bored.

Thanks for visiting...
There's a new weekly journal prompt posted.  Be sure to check it out.