Thursday, March 5, 2015

IDEA BOOKS

LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!   NO MORE PLEASE!

The forecast was for snow and snow it did.   I really was tempted to create something with snowflakes, so I did.   Not individual snowflakes, but lots and lots of snow as in a snow scene. And here is the beginning...

I'll be adding at least three more houses, lots of trees, maybe a pond for ice skating, some fences, perhaps a barn and some animals, and, of course, some people.   My plan is to use my sewing machine to attach all the items and then add details.

By the way, the background is the same fabric as the design wall.   I love the weight of the fabric as well as the cost - it's very inexpensive.  And working with this design wall is really fun and productive.   Even pinning is easy.  I'm glad that I made it so big and so accessible.

It did take a couple hours to decide what to create.   Sometimes when I have the freedom to do anything that I want to do, I have a bit of a problem deciding what to do.   Does that ever happen to you?

Well, I went back to my tried and true method of deciding...my notebooks.   In this case, these are notebooks full of ideas and articles that I have cut out of magazines...

I have a couple of them chocked full of ideas and articles.   Some as simple as a picture, others with complete directions.   I use page protectors to hold the ideas and directions.   Some of the ideas are from thirty-five years ago!

I fixed myself my cup of coffee this morning, took my notebooks and slowly went through them until something struck my fancy.   Was the idea a village snow scene?   No.   But it was a fabric landscape. I think the falling snow was what led me to decide on a snow scene.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...