Tuesday, March 3, 2015

STILL BACK!!!!

Well, it's overcast and kind of gray outside and the temperature is 30 degrees.   I just talked to a friend traveling in Cape Town...it was 112 degrees.   Let's see...30 degrees versus 112 degrees...hmmmmm...I think I will stick with the 30 degrees.   112 degrees seems a bit hot to say the least!

I purchased a chair from IKEA which is very comfortable.   I'm using it for my fabric station.   You know how frugal I can be...obsessive at times.   Well, the cardboard box it came in was a very neat piece of engineering but I didn't want to just junk it.   So, I used it, some left-over fabric, a very inexpensive (make that cheap) rod and some hangers...

And this is what it became...

My new bulletin board.   Instead of using thumbtacks, I am using dressmakers pins...the long ones with a round head.

And here is the foyer area opposite my fabric station...

I decided to hang some of my fabric pictures.

And here is the other side...the fabric stations...



I don't have anything on the walls on this side yet.   I think I will find a way to hang pieces in process.

One other addition to my area is the design wall across from the multi-media station.  It's very large but not really imposing...

I made it out of half of a painters cloth (purchased at a big box store) which is strong and can take a lot of abuse.   I am thinking of spraying it with an adhesive that will stay sticky and make it easier to design without pins.   But that will have to wait until I can open the windows for fresh air.   So for the time being, I will be using pins.

Still to do is the bedroom area.   I have about five boxes to look at, set up the beds and arrange the room.   I hope to get to that today because tomorrow I am going up to the Bronx for lunch and then stop at the Strand, a used book store with miles and miles of books to browse.   It's close to Union Station which is on my way home.   Should be fun.   I'll take pictures to share with you.

Thanks for dropping in...
See you tomorrow...