Thursday, May 19, 2016

FINISHING THE TOUR & ART TAG CHALLENGE

FINISHING THE TOUR
When I left off the tour, I was finishing up Lincoln Center.   From the Center which is around 66th Street on the west side of Central Park, I walked down to Columbus Circle which is around 59th Street West on the corner of Central Park.   There were a lot of food trucks lined up and since I hadn't eaten yet, I decided to have a Nathan's Hot Dog.

Here's the monument with the Columbia Triumphant Sculpture on the top...

And turning around, you will see Central Park...

Continuing west to Seventh Avenue, I walked south to 57th street to find the subway.   Here are a couple photos of some beautiful buildings...


I love the old architecture in these old buildings.   I think I will have to take a walk and just photograph all the beautiful old buildings.

ART TAG CHALLENGE
The challenge for this set was to use paper napkins.   I didn't have many on hand but I was able to separate the ones I had and use both the printed portion and the white portion.   In the first set, I used the crumpled white part over other pictures.   In the last one, I added glitter.   I wasn't sure how it would last but the Mod Podge completely sealed the tag.

In the second set, I used the light printed napkin, covered with the crumpled white portion, then glitter and finally a fussy cut rose.   In the second tag, I used a printed napkin as the background and the white crumpled napkin on top.   In the third one, I used a printed napkin on the background and a printed crumpled napkin on the top which made the tag much darker than the original printed napkin.

The last tag has simply has a picture that seemed to go with the printed background.


Well, that's all for today...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...