Thursday, May 26, 2016

MONOPRINTING FOR THE FIRST TIME

This week's theme for the art tag challenge is monoprinting. I have never tried it before but since I had all the supplies, why not.

The Gelli Plate come in several sizes.  These are the two I have. They're really a piece of rubber like substance about 1/2 inch thick. You can also make your own gelatin print pad at home. Check out this YouTube video for instructions.  Or, you can use a piece of plexiglass.

I had two brayers.   I used the small one to spread the paint and the larger one to actually print. In other words, I used it over the piece of paper to print.

I used Liquitex Basic acrylic paint mostly.   I did try some acrylic craft paint but it didn't work out as well.

So, first you squirt some paint on the gelli pad...

Then spread it evenly with a brayer...

I used several things to make a design like a comb, a stylus, and paper heart cut out and placed on the gelli pad directly on the paint to block.   Check out all these designs...


Here are some close-ups...



I also cleaned off the brayer on clean sheets...

This is the first time I have tried monoprinting and it was a lot of fun. I know I will be continuing to experiment with this technique.

It was a nice warm day today and very sunny.  I moved my car once again to the other side.  Why do I change my parking space so frequently? So I have a place to park on alternate days of the week days which around here are Thursdays and Fridays.

Can you believe that the end of May is at hand? Wow, if summer goes this fast, I had better get busy on my holiday gifts!!!

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...