Thursday, May 5, 2016

THE PAPARAZZI DOGS, DIGITAL AFTERLIFE. TAGS & SAUSAGE

THE PAPARAZZI DOGS
While in DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) last week I ran across the dogs...The Paparazzi Dogs.   And they really are cute.   They will be in this area through October.   The sculpture is by an Australian husband and wife team, Gillie and Marc.  If you're in the area be sure to check them out...


DIGITAL AFTERLIFE
You know, I never thought about this but it really is an appropriate worthwhile thing to not only think about but actually do.

The book 'Your Digital Afterlife' written by Evan Carroll and John Romano talks about things that you should keep track of and write down, including passwords, so that when you're not around or can no longer function, the person in charge of your estate can do things like cancel subscriptions, delete addresses, etc.  

I'm thinking right now about all the digital things that I have subscribed to like my quilting shows, Netflix, several magazines, etc. And, I'm sure there are things that I am forgetting.   This is something that I am going to make sure to do.   You might want to think about it also.  

By the way, I found out about this book from another blog, Unclutterer, and have no connection with the book.  You can read a review of the book here.

TAGS
I ran out of tags for the art tag challenge and could not find any locally,,,not even the office supply store.   I found a few odd paintings that I had done and cut them up to make tags.   Then I found a whole magazine file of paintings and journal page experiments on great paper that I knew I wasn't going to use.   So, I have been using these.

Now I have the choice of using the clean side or using the painted/journal art side as a background. Saves me money and the landfill a tiny bit less full!


SAUSAGE
Last but not least, the sausage arrived.   They forgot to put the apartment number on it so it was set aside for the first Peacock on the list...my son who lives a floor below me.   But I finally got it today. Let me tell you, the fig sausage is awesome.   That is, if you like figs. I really love the Cervesa but the Chorizo is also great.   Actually, they are all fantastic...
But the fig is my favorite...

A long day today.   Tomorrow it's supposed to rain...actually, when isn't it, lately...but I am going to try to pick up my glasses.   Hopefully, it won't be as bad as Monday...

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...