Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I'M GETTING BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS...I THINK!!!

TO FOLKS LOOKING FOR THE LATEST
WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE TOUR
CHECK THE SIDE PANEL AND
 CLICK ON THE TOUR FOR 2016.
THANKS FOR VISITING! 



The temperature today has been quite nice...mid 80's.   I haven't even turned on the air conditioners.   I cleaned the apartment, vacuuming and dusting, etc. because I may have guests this weekend. Although, after looking at the projected temperatures of 97 degrees they are having second thoughts. I don't blame them.   

It looks like tomorrow will be an even cooler day...in the low 80's...so I hope to get out and take some photos.   In my walk to and from the subway yesterday, in that extreme heat, I saw some beautiful flowers like a trumpet vine so full of orange flowers that it had to be tied up.

So how is your July coming?   I've taken it easy for a couple reasons, first the after-effects of dental surgery and second the heat.   After giving myself a good talking to, I realized that I really shouldn't feel guilty about relaxing.   Do you ever feel that way?   Guilty about taking time for yourself either to work on artistic projects or to read or to just plain relax?

We women, especially those of us who are Boomers, lived in a culture that said women should take care of everyone else first and only then should they possibly think about themselves.   Even those of us who fought for racial equality and women's rights!  Not only were we women supposed to take care of others first, we were supposed to understand that we had no value. Enculturation is definitely hard to overcome.

So, what about you?   Are you taking it easy this month?   And are you able to dissuade those feelings of guilt to fly away?   I think one thing to help is to remind yourself that you are valuable, that you have worth and no one...ABSOLUTELY NO ONE...can take that away. Next time that little voice in your head says that you can't, you shouldn't, you're not worth it...give it the old heave ho!  That's right! Tell it to get lost because you know better.  You can!  You should! And you definitely are worth it!

Thanks for stopping by...
Be sure to spend some time looking for those elusive four-leaf clovers...
Talk to you tomorrow...