Monday, August 15, 2016

DUCHESS!!


Duchess is looking fine but a little forlorn.   I was planning on taking her out this summer but that is just not happening.  However, next spring, I will be out here to pick her up and go a-traveling.  And hopefully, I will find a place back east to store her during the following winter.   Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to purchase a bit of land somewhere in Maine...

So the weather out here has been interesting.   Not the heat and humidity back east but...well, take a look at the clouds.   And this was early morning...
basically dark, cloudy with rain spilling a bit here and there.  And lightening along with some very hairy wind.  

Lots of folks visiting and making the best of the last of summer vacation.  I think I have come down with a summer cold...or allergies.   Not fun...

So how are you spending your last days of summer?   I will be here for another three weeks and then back east for the big 'move'.  I can still hardly believe my luck.   I don't know the exact layout of the apartment yet, so I haven't been able to lay out a plan other than knowing that my studio will be in the area usually meant for sleeping.

I have been very good about not purchasing any knick-knacks while out here.   But, there's still three weeks left and I know I want to visit the "Stuff in the Barn" place in Midland.   Their inventory is so unique and locally sourced that I usually purchase at least a few items.

I was thinking that when I do get back and make the move, my apartment will be decorated with fall things.   Now I am trying to remember what fall decorations are packed away...and where to place them.  I love fall so much that it's a pleasure to even think about it. And this year, I plan on taking some short trips to go leaf peeping.

Well, the wind has come up, the rain is falling down and lightening is decorating the sky.  Think I will close this post out now...

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...