Wednesday, November 30, 2016

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS FINISHED, THANKFULNESS & CREATIVITY

Grant us the grace to change what is easy,
The courage to change what is difficult, 
And the wisdom to see the need for both.

Many of the trees around here look like this.
Seeing the design of the branches and twigs
against the sky is very striking, don't you think?

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS FINISHED
Today was another dreary, rainy day and as it is the last day of November, I decided the best thing I could do is to finish the Christmas Ornaments I want to send out.  Remember, the yo-yo trees are finished...

So, I cut out the felt squares for the felt trees...

And then I put them together using a white chenille stick...

And finally, I sewed up the circle trees and added the hangers...

DONE!  And with purchase of most of the presents I will be giving others, I feel ahead of the game!!

THANKFULNESS
Today is the last day of the Thankfulness Challenge but I hope it is something you might want to continue. Yesterday it did rain all day and that was a blessing because we are in need of water here in NYC. So the first two days of this week, I was thankful for weather.

Today, after finishing up my ornaments, I realized that they were an expression of my creativity. So I am thankful for the ability to appreciate and express my creativity in a way that I can share with others.

CREATIVITY
And that brings me to the idea of creativity. All of us have that ability...in other words, we are all creative. So, next time you question if you have a creative bone in your body, think about what you can do. Make a great meal in minutes? Find something that excites your toddler? Plan a vacation? Organize a volunteer activity? Keep you family budget? All of these activities are examples of creativity. Painting a picture or making a quilt are also creativity activities. But creativity is not limited to artistic adventures. 

Creativity is much more than that in my book. It's the ability to live your life in the best way possible even if your life is not exactly great. I know many folks in a variety of situations, some good, some not so good. But as I watch them handle all the ups and downs that come their way, I can see their creativity shining brightly. So next time you question your own creativity, stop and think of all the things that you have done in your life, all the situations you have handled and then realize that your creativity cup is overflowing!

That's it for today, folks...
Tomorrow I will be going to the Bronx for dinner...
It's been a while since I have been to the restaurant...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...
December 1st!  Yikes!  The Holidays are Here!!!