Friday, April 7, 2017

MACY'S 2017 FLOWER SHOW IN NYC

Well, it did rain today and by mid afternoon the temperatures really dropped and the wind kicked up...add some stinging rain and you have my walk home from the subway. The good news is that I did make it to the Macy's Flower Show and it did not disappoint.

Here's Macy's from the subway exit...

Herald Square is to the right...and it's not a square, by the way. The memorial is the James Gordon Bennett's bell...

This is the main Macy entrance...

There are plenty places set up to sit outside and in warmer weather, I would have taken some time to enjoy but it was a bit too wet and cool...


Macy's windows were even decked out...

But the main event was inside. And what follows are the pictures from the main entrance all the way to the back. Now, this is NYC and that translates to lots of folks...and that's what was in Macy's today. Lots of folks...











There were gigantic flower arrangements on all the sides but because I was shooting against the light most of those pictures did not turn out well. But you get the idea.

There was a unique display of scents including a world map showing where the base of the smells originate...


The Big Piano was set up...

And, of course, I got to ride the wooden escalators...

And this picture, taken while coming down the escalator gives you some idea of the size of the flower show on the main floor...

If you're in NYC and you enjoy flowers, I suggest you take in Macy's Flower Show. I enjoyed it thoroughly...course, I do love to be in the midst of crowds.

So, another week has past...the Senate has blown up it's filibuster rule for a Supreme Court appointee, Trump has sent missiles to Syria (after warning Russia!), the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee has stepped down and a second bite at the Healthcare 'apple' floundered and was abandoned. Just another week in the Trump saga, I guess!!!

Hope springs eternal...and always remember that the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.

Have a wonderful weekend and do something you enjoy...
I will be teaching my embellishments workshop...
Next week is another busy one for me and it begins with a trip to PA.
Talk to you later...