Tuesday, June 20, 2017

WE MADE IT...



Aren't these flowers just beautiful? I captured them from the front of my apartment building before I left.

Well, as you can see Lady J was packed to the gills...


Dale seemed to take it in stride but Chip was not a happy camper. As a matter of fact, this was not where he hung out...he normally stayed under the middle seat. How? I don't know but it was cooler than his carrier.

So, our journey out was mostly uneventful. Because the Goethals Bridge was closed we were routed over the Bayonne Bridge and through Jersey. Well, I have never gone over the Bayonne onto Jersey without getting lost. And, true to form, I did take the same wrong street I always take, did a u-turn in the middle of the road and got back on track. Other than that, even the 80 exit below Chicago was open so things went smoothly.

It was a 2258 mile trip. We left at 8am Sunday and arrived just after midnight on Monday...not too bad, if I say so myself!!!

And since we have arrived, things have  been busy with crafts shows and camping trips. I did manage to get new shoes for Lady J...
 to the tune of $812.00!!!

And I also got the fence up for the cats...
They can go in and out at will.

I have pictures from the craft show as well as picture from the camping site which I will share later.

Today, I checked out the electrical system in Duchess and it's working fine...I even have battery power which blew me away. Tomorrow, I will check out the water system. I am hoping all is well there also. Finally, I do need to clean Duchess as I have had a little visitor...a mouse...who left calling cards all over!!!

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...