Monday, July 31, 2017

LADY J, BOOKMARKS AND SNOWFLAKES & THE COTTAGE


Well, still no Lady J. She was supposed to be done on Friday, Saturday at the latest. I called on Saturday and they were still working and said to call back at 3pm. I did...no answer. I haven't been able to get through today either. Tomorrow I guess I will go by the place and check in person. Frustrating! But I do know that this is the time that the garage is rotating vacations and the last time I looked, they were flooded with cars to service.

Today I decided that between working on Empire Quilters Holiday plans, I would begin cleaning. Remember I said the place was tidy, but not clean. Well, today I cleaned the bathroom and studio. Took quite a bit of time but they are done. Tomorrow the dining and living room part of the studio and the next day the kitchen!

But I did get things done for Empire Quilters. Check out the bookmarks...

And remember the snowflakes?

Check this out...

Each bundle contains ten snowflakes! I have already made 70 snowflakes. And I only used a regular skien of yarn. I still have a super saver package of yarn so that should be enough to finish 130 to make 200 snowflakes!

I did take a few minutes to work on the cottage. There's a new rug in the living room...

And I have begun the cabinets for the kitchen.
Still needs another coat of paint. I am going to use curtains instead of doors to cover the cabinet. And, of course, I will need to make dishes, etc.

Well, two more shoes dropped today:
First, Scaramucci is out...shortest tenure ever for a Director of Communications for the White House. And, second, the president actually wrote the misleading memo about the meeting with Russian folks that his son, son-in-law and a campaign worker attended. And I was kind of hoping for a light week.

That's all for tonight...
Thanks for stopping in...
Talk to you later...