Monday, March 26, 2018

OUR YOUNG FOLK, MORE FABRIC BEADS & A TRIP TO MICHAELS


Did you see our young folk this Saturday? Did you see them come out and challenge us adults to do something about our gun culture and lack of regulation? Did you hear those students talk? Did you hear them say if we don't they will? I felt more hope after this march than I have ever since our current administration took office.

They not only invited students from schools experiencing mass shootings, but they invited students who experience gun terror every day just walking to school. And it was great to hear them talk about registering and voting. They know that more than marches need to be done, but those marches, over 800 worldwide, sure did stir my soul!

I worked on making more fabric beads for my weaving today at Auspicious Stitchers...
Sixteen done, only need 14 more. Once I get into the rhythm of making these beads, things go fast.

Interesting, it was warmer here in Brooklyn this morning than it was in Manhattan. It's usually the other way around. Anyway on my way home I stopped by Michaels (6Ave and 21st Street) because one of the other 'stitchers' said that she found fabric jelly rolls on sale. I picked on one with spring colors...

Next to it was a collection of pink fabric with gold trim...
Yes, I bought one.

And then I couldn't pass up this yarn...
Orange, pink, yellow, light purple...reminds me of sherbet...I loved the orange sherbet with vanilla ice cream. Did I tell you that it was only $4!

Hope your weekend was great...
Hope you rested up in preparation for the spring celebrations...
That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...