Friday, January 18, 2019

I THINK WE ARE READY FOR HARPER...

I found two more pictures from the snow storm in Maine that left more than three feet of snow. That's Lady J in front of Duchess...


So it looks like we are going to get less snow but lots of ice and wind.  All the stations are warning of electrical outages.  And although the temperatures will be okay on Saturday and Sunday, the bottom drops out on Monday.

I think we are in good shape.  Just hope if we lose power that it will come back sooner rather than later.

Today I decided to cook.  First some split pea soup.  Tomorrow I will add my last wonderful ring of potato sausage...

Because I had some leftover mash potatoes and ham, I decided to make potato soup...

Next, I wanted to see if I could still make bread from scratch.  I used a completely different recipe but the loaves turned out great...

Finally, I was going to make a chocolate cake but realized after I had opened the packaging that I had brownies.  I made them in a 9 by 13, so they are thin but still surprisingly chewy.  I decided to make an icing, not chocolate, but the combination worked great...

I think I have done just about everything I can to get ready for Harper.  If you are also experiencing the storm good luck and be safe.  By the way, my son in Park City, Utah had three feet of snow last night! Looks like the entire nation is having 'fun' with this one.

Thanks for checking things out here...
Enjoy your weekend...
Be safe and stay warm...
Talk to you on Monday (or later if we have no power)