Monday, January 21, 2019

WINTER STORM, THE DOG WE FOUND, PIN PROJECTS & DOODLING

I decided that a picture of a flower was far more comforting to folks who have experienced Winter Storm Harper than one of snow.

So how did it affect us?  About a shade less than a foot of snow followed by frozen rain, followed by rain, followed by sleet and finally back to snow.  We have about an inch of ice on top of the snow. Oh, and did I mention that the bottom fell out temperature-wise. 

We were 4 below this morning and the temperature right now is not much better.  It was sunny today and that was nice.

So the owners of the dog we found contacted the rangers at Harriman State Park for our information and called us this morning.  The dog's name is Candy.  Her family picked her up this morning.  Happy and sad!  She was a wonderful dog.  But I am happy that the dog was reunited with the family, especially the kids.

I spent time working on the felt embroidered pins.  Here are two so far...


I am going to add some beads to these before I finish them.  I think once the beads are on, I will attach a piece of adhesive backing before adding the final felt back.  One reason is to make sure that everything stays in place.  Looking at the back of the pieces will explain...

Once I have all the pieces on, I will stitch around the edge to complete it.  When I began working on this project, I used a smaller needle.  I found out that a larger needle is much better.  Here's a picture of the needles...


I am back to daily doodling.  Here are some of the latest...



That's it for today...
Hope you all are doing well...
Talk with you tomorrow...