Monday, March 18, 2019

ANGRY ORCHARD & A SIMPLE WORD TO BEGIN IT ALL...


Well, the temperatures have decreased to the mid forties.  I know, I know, there was a time in the not so distance past that I loved the mid forties.  But now I want the mid to high fifties!!!

Sunday, we went out to a celebration at Angry Orchard with free samples.  And those samples were not that small...

When we got to the orchard...and it is a big apple orchard...main area we were given a token for the free samples.  We had the option of going on the self-guided tour ending up in the sample room.  The tour was great.  It all began with the big red truck...

...and went through the process of making cider.  I didn't know that New York State was such an apple state...

And check out one of the original 12 feet high barrels...

---
So, I was reading in the Craft Devotional Book (which I wrote about in a previous post) about one way to begin the creative process. 

It was to look at a single word and begin there.  But the word needs to be one that speaks to the artist and it is helpful if it has both noun and verb usage.  For instance, love which can be used as both.

I was thinking that maybe that's why choosing a word (or words) for the year (which I have yet to do!!) helps with the creative process.

Anyway, I have been good at doing my daily to-do list.  Things like exercise (I walked two miles today), meditation, taking care of the pets and the household chores.  But, when it comes to the creative part, I procrastinate.

Example, today I got excited about building a tent structure for the bed of SnowWhite.  Yes, I know that's weird, especially when I have a travel trailer. But, I scoured YouTube and the internet and finally came up with my own design.

I guess that's creative but it's not getting my ETSY shop opened or the finishing up some of my projects, etc.  See what I mean?

So tomorrow I am going to decide on one word and concentrate on that hopefully enabling me to initiate the creative process.  It will not be Camping!!!

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...