Thursday, June 13, 2019

CONFETTI OR MOSAIC?

Back to sweatshirt and vest weather.  I was actually tempted to turn the furnace back on, but instead I just added more clothes.  The day was mostly dark and rainy.  What a difference a day makes, right?

So after yesterday's less than stellar result with fabric confetti, I tried using glue again creating a tree. First the basic tree trunk and branches...

And now the tree with leaves...

Here's a close-up...
And yes, all the pieces of fabric are attached to the background.

Well, it looks better than the first try.  I actually like it but I think adding some tulle or netting would be advisable.

So, I decided to take the tiny pieces which are around 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch square and try something else.  Here is the result...



I am still working on this mosaic but so far I like it.  I am going to try the confetti again but this time on a black background. 

Well, tomorrow is forecast to be sunny and dry.  I hope so because I want to pot up all my veggies and herbs and get them in the fenced in garden area.

Here's today's Haiku:
Nature has many
Moments to share with all to
Encourage our rest.

Thanks for dropping by...
See you tomorrow...