Wednesday, June 12, 2019

PLANTING & CONFETTI PICTURE TRY

Planting continued today...I finished planting the flowers in the long area next to the house.  By the way,  those windows are my studio windows...
My knees are rebelling right now so after finishing this area, and drilling holes into the containers for the container garden, I stopped, took a quick shower and am now working on some creative projects.

Basically, confetti fabric pictures.  I am trying to see if this technique can work without the powder glue and the results are mixed.

I already had several colors cut into small pieces...

To make confetti, take a small amount of the pieces (And I do mean small.) and using a rotary cutter on a cutting board, go back and forth to make the confetti...

I used iron-on adhesive and created a tree first...

Then I sprinkled on the confetti, first green...

And second, orange...

This is the result after ironing...

Not exactly what I want, but not too bad. 

I am actually wondering what would happen if I used glue instead, spreading it thinly, sprinkling on the confetti, pressing down and letting dry.  Guess that will be my next project.

Here's today's Haiku:
Laugher is the best
Medicine, works better than
Crying any day.

Well guess I will take some pain meds for my knees.  Maybe they will quiet down to a mild roar!!!
See you tomorrow.