Thursday, August 8, 2019

OUT AND ABOUT IN UTAH




All these flowers are from the yard around the house...again scattered among the sagebrush.

Today was a busy one with everything from cooking to running errands to dodging rain storms...well just name it and I think I did it.  Including guild 'stuff'.

We had baked chicken earlier this week so I took the bones and any chicken left, added water and simmered for several hours.  I sauted some carrots, celery and garlic in bacon grease left from breakfast.  After pulling the chicken off the bones and straining the liquid I added the vegetables.  I cook the noodles separately and keep them separate until serving time.  Check out this bowl of chicken noodle soup...
...even the grandkids loved it!!!

While out and about, I did manage to stop in at Barnes and Noble and pick up two of my favorite magazines...

I can't wait to dive in but there are some things I need to do first...including this blog!!!

One thing I can't get used to is the time.  I am two hours behind New York time and it is driving me crazy.  I am always missing Rachel and Lawrence.  Course, their repeats are earlier so I can catch them on the second time around!!!

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...