Wednesday, September 25, 2019

CROCHETING AND BAKING UNPLANNED


So today's prompt on Learning Something New was wild.  What would I do if I had a free day...in other words if plans changed and I had a day that I could spend however I wanted.  What was so wild?

Well, last night one of my sons came home with a 'check engine' sign on in his car.  So he needed to use my truck to get to work today.  Last night I called the folks that I had appointments with and rescheduled them which meant...means...I had a free day.

After working with the landlord to clean out the pump filters, I listened to the news...what a wild day in the world of politics...while crocheting.  What am I crocheting...trees...for the centerpieces at the Holiday Party which I told you about yesterday.
They are a foot tall and I almost have my third one finished.  I only need twelve.  Later today, I will work on snowman.

What else did I do?  I baked.  Yesterday I made chocolate chip bars but I forgot that the oven is on the hot side and I was baking in a dark pan so the bars looked nice but they are more like the Italian cookie biscotti.

Today, I made another apple cake.  This one was made with apples that had been frozen so they were very soft and I was only able to use about half of each apple.  I think the cake which is more like a coffee cake rather than a chocolate cake is a bit heavier.  But it looks nice...

And because I was in a baking mood, I decided to try the illusive banana bread again.  Remember the last three times I have baked this tea bread it did not turn out.  Well, I tried a different recipe and they turned out beautifully...

And I am going to continue crocheting while I am watching things unfold in politics...better than a tv show.  Wonder what the upshot of this situation will be...any ideas?

The weather was cool...and there are tons of leaves on the ground but mostly yellow tiny leaves from one tree.

Hope you are having a great day...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...