Wednesday, May 27, 2020

BUSY DAY WITH A FLANNEL NIGHTGOWN, AN IPAD AND A PROJECT

Well today began with mending a much loved flannel nightgown.  The entire area around the collar had ripped and failed so I cut it out around four inched down.  Since it was a high collar, it still had plenty of fabric on the top.  I zigzagged around the raw edge and then turned it zigzagging again catching the raw edge on the inside.

Because I wanted to try out my new bias tape tools, I made a long tape of the largest tool and one of the smallest tool.  I attached the large one to the top of the flannel nightgown on the edge, sewing both edges of the tape.  I then folded in half the smallest one and stitched it down.  Using a safety pin, I pulled the small tape through the large tape which had been sewn down.  And now I can pull the closure to a comfortable place and I can once again use my flannel nightgown!!!

After that, I helped someone get ZOOM on their old iPad so they could take part in the meetings.  I realized that I hadn't made a new project for the guild newsletter, so I got busy and made one.  I used the bias tape tools to make tape to weave.  This is what the finished project looks like...


I think it turned out really nice.  I'll post the directions tomorrow.  But right now, I am ready to call it quits for the evening...

Talk with you tomorrow...