Monday, May 18, 2020

GREAT WEEKEND....

So how was your weekend?  Mine was pretty good.  I did do internet work on Saturday but Sunday...ah Sunday.  The weather was beautiful.  I decided it was time to venture out and do a bit of shopping.  First time since we shut down.  I needed flowers for my outside flower beds. 

Well, I passed up Walmart because at 8:00 in the morning, the parking lot was crammed full...and there was no line at the door.  I can only imagine how crowded that store was with all those folks.  So I went to Home Depot.  There were plenty of people there but the store was not crowded at all.

I managed to snag three large flats of impatiens, six small flats of begonias, some herbs, one tomato plant and one caladium.  My son decided it was time for a new grill and fire pit so he bought those. 

I spend the rest of the day simply relaxing outside.  I did arrange the patio and brought out another umbrella and the rest of the chairs, but mostly I watched my son put together the grill (It's gigantic!!!) and the fire pit and then slowly grill three different types of meats.  By the way, the grill is a charcoal, not gas.

Didn't even look at my phone.  Believe me, I needed that.  But this morning...the number of emails that needed attention was unbelievable.  I spent five hours answer them between phone calls and ZOOM meetings and still I have only handled about half of them.  This volunteer job is full time!!!

Oh well, on the plus side, I have something to do with all my 'Safer At Home' time!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend...
Keep safe and stay well...
Talk with you tomorrow....