Tuesday, May 19, 2020

PLAYING WITH ADHESIVE BACKED FABRIC


I was playing around with ideas for both the mini-newsletter and for an art challenge to which I want to submit a piece.   I spent a good deal looking and designing and then I remembered that I had a lot of adhesive backed fabric scraps, including large ones.  So out they came.

First I found an off white background which I fringed.  By the way, I save the fringe for use in other projects...

Next, I pulled out fabric that I wanted to use and for some reason I was pulled toward a color wave in pinks...

But after cutting a few pieces around flowers, I realized that I did not want to make a pink, flowery piece.  So I scraped that idea and began cutting strips and and triangles.  Well, this is what I came up with...

This is what it looks like after ironing on the fabric pieces...

I'm not done, but I like where this is going.  Stay tuned...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...