Monday, February 1, 2021

WHITE ALL OVER!!!

Black and white...well mostly white!  We are in the midst of a major snowstorm.  Last time I looked we had almost two feet and it is supposed to continue to snow until around 4am tomorrow morning!!!

Needless to say, I am not going anywhere anytime soon.  NYC is shut down even tomorrow so you know how things are going there.  I think Central Park is going to get about 18 inches of snow.  Not the top five record snowfalls but probably in the top ten.  Up here...well, we will see.  

So I did take some time this weekend to craft.  Among the things I made were mask covers...yes covers, not masks.

I purchased some kn95 masks which are almost identical to n95 masks in screening out viruses.  There are five layers.  They are disposable one time use masks but you can air them out and also spray them with a cleaner to reuse.  But in any case they were plain white less than attractive masks...


So, I made a pattern the same size as the mask and made four different covers...





How do they stay on?  I used adhesive velcro dots.  I have one circle on each side of the mask.  I took the opposite side, cut it in half and then in half again (a quarter) and attached that small amount to the kn95 mask and that small amount keeps the cover on.  And it does look much better don't you think?

Thing is, I won't be using the covers anytime soon...not in this weather!!!

Hope you stay warm and well...

Talk with you tomorrow...