Tuesday, July 2, 2024

A bit late today...the morning got away from me.  My sleep is still not solid.  I seem to sleep in two hour segments with about the same time in between no matter what time it is.

I found more fat quarter as well as some 20 inch squares...


Remember the butterflies I made?

Well, they were left out on the cutting table and got a big shot of soot...so they are toast!  Now that I think about it, so are most of my fabric containers because most of them were sitting on the cutting table and the desk area with projects in progress in them.   

Anyway I thought that I would use the 20inch squares to make more butterflies.  The squares are the long strips of fabric.

The fat quarters I will most likely use in the next fabric project...

I do not anticipate using all the colors, and many will be small slivers of fabric but at least I have plenty to pull from to complete the picture.

So the more I understand SCOTIS's decision on immunity the more concerned I am...at least I'm not alone.  But what to do about it remains a mystery other than voting.  And folks who are concerned about the Chevron decision understand, I think, that in the long run that decision will have devastating effects for the general pubic.

Tomorrow's Textile Talk is about StitchPunk.  Don't know what it is?  Neither did I but after a google search, I'm curious.  Google 'StitchPunk' and see what you think...then register for the free Textile Talk tomorrow. (Just google Textile Talk.)

The AC was fixed this morning so it's back to 'cold'...I wear a hoody most of the time in the house to stay warm.  I keep the window open a little (in my room) to let in a bit of warm air.

So, a new inkjet color printer showed up today...for me!  (Remember mine was destroyed in the fire.). It uses the bottle ink which saves a ton of money.  I can't wait to use it...the first thing I will print will be digital decorative paper to use creating my junk journals.  I haven't done much with the journals because of my limited supplies.  Can't wait...will probably stay up late having fun printing.

The Fourth is only a couple days away.  I miss all the firework displays in New York City...not sure if there's much where I am.  May have to watch on tv which is definitely not the same thing.  

That's all for now...talk with you tomorrow...